The Ballgown, Part 5


Pictures of an almost finished dress!  I bound the gauze with silk ribbon and padded the lining hem.  The gauze was dreadful to work with as it kept stretching out of shape.  You can see how odd the shape of the hem is, especially on the picture with the ribbon pinned on.

A picture of how I attached the skirt and bodice. I put them right sides together and whipstitched.  It was hard to figure out exactly how to put the skirt on without interfering with the drawstring.  I'm happy with the results of what I figured out!

And another view of the same thing...

The cotton piping meant for pillows that I found at Joann, etc.  A very lucky find!

A detail of me padding the hem.

The undyed sash...


Progress Page 4

Regency Home

Take me home!